Recognizing the increasing high costs of attending college, the Livingston County Spartans offer an annual Textbook Scholarship of $1000 to high school seniors residing in Livingston County. The funds are to be used for the purchase of textbooks, reading material, course packets, pamphlets, or other resource material required for the student’s courses while attending Michigan State University. The scholarships will be presented at the Club’s Freshmen Scholarship Picnic in August.
Scholarship Selection Criteria:
Applicants must meet the following criteria to apply for the scholarship:
- Is a high school senior residing in Livingston County
- Has been accepted at MSU for the Fall of 2018 and will enroll at MSU for at least 12 credits each semester
- May consider economic need
- Completed online application will be emailed to Lois Halsted by due date, at: firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, March 1, 2018.
- Two reference forms (should be completed by school administrator, counselor, teacher, coach, employer, religious leader, volunteer supervisor, or other professional that is aware of student’s accomplishments). At least one reference will not be connected to the applicant’s school.
- Copy of your MSU acceptance letter
- Copy of academic transcript from the high school (with parental consent).
Application available HERE:
Applications will be available online or through your high school guidance counselor. All applicants will receive an e-mail confirmation that their application has been received and will be notified of selected awardees.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Lois Halsted – 517-552-1195
Lois Halsted – email@example.com
Applications must be emailed to:
Scholarship Committee firstname.lastname@example.org